It’s race week and I haven’t felt such a mixed bag of emotions since I was pregnant with T & C! One minute I’m feeling on top of the world and ready to conquer anything, the next my mind is filled with doubt and I’m crying at the drop of a hat. There is a reason they call it the taper crazies and boy do I have a raging case!
Aside from my intense emotions, a few things about this week:
- The boys ear infections have finally cleared (fingers crossed they don’t come back!)
- K scored a huge account he has been working on for the last 2 years! So proud of him!
- Living on the foam roller at night while catching up on episodes of Silicon Valley (how awesome is that show?!) and the new season of The Bachelorette. Santa Clause made the first cut? What will they think of next?? Definitely a guilty pleasure, but I can’t stop watching. haha.
- Race outfit selected and stocked up on fuel after multiple visits to my favorite local running store Santa Barbara Running.
- I actually got some chores done and even had time to paint my nails and put on a little makeup!
- Staying well hydrated thanks to Nuun.
- It’s shaping up to be a beautiful weekend with great racing weather.
All that is left to do is create my playlist (ideas welcome!) and oh yeah run 26.2 miles AT ONE TIME!